Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Read a list of sheet names - error message: "XXX.xls|||AA has a different schema ..."

syeap
5 - Atom

I have an input file - which has several sheets (for each country in APAC) and these sheets have the same column titles. I tried to input/read all these sheets of the same columns and the below error messages appear for 10 out of the 14 sheets:

Alteryx Error Message.jpg

I did a check and found that at least two columns are detected as different datatypes: 

- V_WString vs V_String

- V_String vs Double

Is there a way to format all the columns of all the 14 sheets before I read/combine all of them together?

Thank you in advance!!

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@syeap you need to use the batch macro instead of dynamic input tool for different schema error

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

syeap
5 - Atom

hi @binuacs 

Would you be able to teach me how to use this batch macro please? Thank you!

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@syeap Attaching a sample workflow for your reference

binuacs_0-1677086680683.png

syeap
5 - Atom

hi @binuacs 

Would you know why I have this error message? I tried to follow the sequencing as per your image.

Alteryx Error Message (1).jpg

syeap
5 - Atom

Hi @binuacs 

Just to clarify - this works for a single Excel sheet input with several sheets? I would need to reformat the several sheets within one excel file. Thank you so much for your help!

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@syeap The macro works for any number of worksheets. I think your input file path is not correct. Attaching the workflow and macro again. you can download the macro and insert it into the canvas.

Labels