Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Read SAS datasets on SFTP Unix server via Alteryx

brperkins2
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to read SAS datasets on SFTP Unix server via Alteryx. Can Alteryx workflow move the files to the shared drive? I can use Filezilla to download the files to shared drive then Alteryx to read the SAS dataset. However, I would prefer to do all in Alteryx only. In Alteryx, I am not able to read the SAS dataset on the SFTP Unix server. I am using the Download Tool, but this downloads the file and then creates lots of special characters in the downloaded file, see below. I have tried downloading to xls, csv, xml, yxdb. This always happens. It does not export properly. I have tried to download as string, but the length of the string in the output is 0. This always happens. I do not know how to fix these issues. I am looking for recommendations on how to build a solution in Alteryx. I am thinking a file mover and/or API call would be great.

ô…B Ïàá$ð‚ÿÿþó‚ÿÿþó‚
ô…B Ïàá$ð‚ÿÿþó‚ÿÿþó‚

1 REPLY 1
milos_bijelic
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @brperkins2,

The only supported SAS file type in Alteryx is .sasbdat7 -- Alteryx supported file types

If it's any other type of SAS file (i.e., .sas) Alteryx won't be able to render it, which is why your seeing the output be 0 or the string of characters ô…B Ïàá$ð‚ÿÿþó‚ÿÿþó‚. 

I'd recommend going down the File Mover solution. This workflow developed by @bobpeers should do the trick for you!

Best,
Milos

Labels