Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Read SAS datasets on SFTP Unix server via Alteryx

brperkins2
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to read SAS datasets on SFTP Unix server via Alteryx. Can Alteryx workflow move the files to the shared drive? I can use Filezilla to download the files to shared drive then Alteryx to read the SAS dataset. However, I would prefer to do all in Alteryx only. In Alteryx, I am not able to read the SAS dataset on the SFTP Unix server. I am using the Download Tool, but this downloads the file and then creates lots of special characters in the downloaded file, see below. I have tried downloading to xls, csv, xml, yxdb. This always happens. It does not export properly. I have tried to download as string, but the length of the string in the output is 0. This always happens. I do not know how to fix these issues. I am looking for recommendations on how to build a solution in Alteryx. I am thinking a file mover and/or API call would be great.

ô…B Ïàá$ð‚ÿÿþó‚ÿÿþó‚
ô…B Ïàá$ð‚ÿÿþó‚ÿÿþó‚

1 REPLY 1
milos_bijelic
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @brperkins2,

The only supported SAS file type in Alteryx is .sasbdat7 -- Alteryx supported file types

If it's any other type of SAS file (i.e., .sas) Alteryx won't be able to render it, which is why your seeing the output be 0 or the string of characters ô…B Ïàá$ð‚ÿÿþó‚ÿÿþó‚. 

I'd recommend going down the File Mover solution. This workflow developed by @bobpeers should do the trick for you!

Best,
Milos

Labels