Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Quick FTP Check?

FJ_Shafeek
7 - Meteor

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to downloading/sending files to an FTP using the Alteryx Download tool. I just ran it and got these messages back - to me it seems to indicate a successful transfer/upload to the FTP but when I check the actual FTP in WinSCP I can't see the file I'm sending... Do these messages indicate a successful transfer after all?

FJ_Shafeek_1-1623255905710.png

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @FJ_Shafeek ,

It looks that way, but we need more information. Are you including a full file path for the destination? You need to determine where the file is going because it may have been added to a subfolder.

Can you show the configuration of the download tool and the calculation of the filepath if you are using a formula tool?

thanks,

M.

Bulien

FJ_Shafeek
7 - Meteor

Hi @mceleavey 

Thanks for responding - it's a pretty basic setup

FJ_Shafeek_0-1623259989841.png

My text input:

FJ_Shafeek_1-1623260017293.png

My download tool

FJ_Shafeek_2-1623260047123.png 

FJ_Shafeek_3-1623260067934.png

And my connection tab is just my login info. I wasn't given a specific directory to put the files in, and when I open the ftp in WinSCP I don't see any other folders, so it may have something to do with my user's permission level.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @FJ_Shafeek ,

Your destination file location needs to begin with sftp: then your file location. You're attempting to drop this to a local file location rather than the sftp site.

There's a good article HERE by @fadib that walks you through the process.

Hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

Labels