Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

QUESTION --> IF c THEN t ELSE f ENDIF

PedroPerdomo
7 - Meteor

Hi There,

good morning,

I am stuck trying to get a Workflow done, this is my issue: in a table I have different customers under [consignee names] but each customer goes to a different terminal (new column that i would like to create with that terminal, so I did a formula using IF for the first customer, but I don't know how to create it for the next customers.

Ex (everything ok through here). 

IF [Consignee Name]="Customer1" THEN "Column AA" ELSE "" ENDIF

So I need to continue the formula adding

Customer 2 to Column AB

Customer 3 to Column CD 

etc etc.

Any help I will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

15 REPLIES 15
SahadhKuruniyan
8 - Asteroid

I am facing same issue

SahadhKuruniyan_0-1634376082084.png

When I try to put ENDIF everything become black

SahadhKuruniyan_1-1634376132515.png

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

@SahadhKuruniyan can you post your workflow? 

Is your field name spelled correctly?

"Differeces" versus "Differences"

Chris

olsenprime
5 - Atom

Thanks @SamDesk! I had an ENDIF problem and had no idea about adding the last ELSE statement!

Barclaysusercds
8 - Asteroid

I want to use the IF formula but it does not like my less than <. What is wrong with the below?

Thanks

IF [RACE_ACCT]<20000000 THEN "Long" ELSE "Short" ENDIF

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

@Barclaysusercds the formula looks OK, depending on data types.

What is the data type for the field [RACE_ACCT]?   It should be numeric, since your formula uses a numeric value.

And what is the data type of the field you are writing to in the Formula tool?  If you're updating an existing field, is it a String data type?  If you're creating a new field, did you set the Formula tool to create a String data type?

Chris

Barclaysusercds
8 - Asteroid

Ah ok [RACE ACCT] was VWString, I changed it to Double and it worked. Thank you.

Labels