Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Putting Data into a Macro Excel File

MOlinski
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have attached my output for my Ateryx workflow (JE TEST). I am looking to have Alteryx add this to a Macro Excel file that I have. What I would like is to grab everything from row 2 and down, and paste it into my JE Template Test excel file, starting on line 13. Unfortunately, I am unable to attach a macro file, so I have disabled the macro on the JE Template Test file. Is this possible to do?

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
rfoster7
9 - Comet

You can specify the output range in your template xlsm file to overwrite and you can Skip field names: 

image.png

That should be sufficient for your needs. I am using an arbitrarily large end row number in the range so that your always overwrite the data from prior runs even if they had more rows than your current run. If It was me, I'd make sure my base template file was empty and then use a rowcount to create the corrent range in my output. But this should suffice for your needs. 

Labels