Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Pull one tab from multiple excel files into one workbook

Processcreator
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

Appreciate your assistance in advance. I have a few hundred files all in the same folder - all of which have a tab called 21Sale. I need to pull each of those tabs into one file and have them renamed somehow. I have looked through many posts and found some helpful articles but can't seem to make anything work. Any guidance would be appreciated. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Processcreator 

If the sheets have the same schema, you can then use something like the below:

christine_assaad_0-1633374099365.png

Directory tool: You will point it to the folder where your files live. It will list the full path of each file

Formula tool: You can use it to build the path so it looks only at sheet 21Sale

Dynamic Input: Will loop thru the hundred files you have to stack 21Sale data - You will need to give it an example and set it to run thru the different files.

christine_assaad_1-1633374758312.png

If the schema is different, then you will need a batch macro instead of the Dynamic Input. 

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Labels