Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pull Data from Web which has popup

AmitBelagali
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Hope you are safe.

I have a scenario wherein I need to pull Data from a web page. I can do it easily with download and parse option. However, there is a pop up that I get every time I visit the page. It's just a information that is poped up and just need to click "Ok". Due to this pop-up I am not able to fetch the data. Could you guys please help me on this? 

I have attached the pop-up message for your reference. Like I mentioned above, one needs to just click "Ok".

Stay Safe.

Thank you,

Amit Belagali

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @AmitBelagali 

If the entire webpage is rendered, and available in the HTML you should be able to just use the download tool. However, if the information only renders after the button is clicked, the download tool may not be sufficient because the data is dynamically rendered after the user interaction. 

In that case, you may want to leverage something like Selenium and the Python tool to emulate a user clicking the button. You can see more information about Python and Selenium here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Python-Code-Tool-Web-Scraping-Dynamic-...

Ideally, this website would have an API that you could use and avoid web scraping. If the website does in fact have an API that would be the desirable approach and be much more resilient if there were ever changes to the website layout which impacted your web scraping workflow. 

Labels