Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problem with Workflow

CeesayN
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I am new to Alteryx and I am working through a workflow I am putting together. I have a problem where I want to be able to do the following:

• I want the workflow to look in the description line where there is an 8 digit number, then copy that across and call the new column Additional PO then create another column called PO 2 and copy across the contents of Purchase Order Number column and the newly created Additional PO column.

• I want the workflow to look in the amounts column and identify contras (e.g -100 and +100) and where there is, then check that department code, account code, business unit code, PO 2 and location code for both are the same. If this condition is met, then remove both entries else leave them.

I would appreciate your help and I have attached a sample data to help.

Kind regards

Nuha

11 REPLIES 11
CeesayN
7 - Meteor

Hi Dan,

All I did was download it and it says "The file you are trying to open is an Alteryx package, do you still want to export it" I said yes and export the three files to my downloads folder. But I got an error message that the workflow was built in a newer version than mine when I tried opening from the downloads folder.

Regards

CeesayN
7 - Meteor

@danilang ,

Ignore my ignorance, I am a complete novice. I have finally got my head round this after a cup of coffee and all thanks to you.

@JosephSerpis and @Srini_Advik Thanks for your efforts in looking at this issue for me, much appreciated.

Kind regards

Nuha

Labels