Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Problem extracting data from XML file

Nicolashad
5 - Atom

Hello everyone!

Can anyone help me extract all the information is contained in the attached XML in a tabular form . I have tried to open it with "input data "  and also with "XML parse "tool but i didn't find the way to gather the necessary information .

Thank you in advance 

8 REPLIES 8
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx
Nicolashad
5 - Atom

Hello Rishik 

Thank you for your reply i am trying to upload my file but i get this error 

Nicolashad_0-1615296365108.png

randreag
11 - Bolide

Hi @Nicolashad 

You didn't attached the file.

But you can try perhaps loading it using csv without delimiter (\0) or with .flat

I hope it helps

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Nicolashad you can package the xml files by exporting your workflow:

1. First, create and save your workflow.
  2. Then select Option > Export Workflow.
  3. Pick a ‘Package Location’ to save your packaged workflow in that file location.
  4. Make sure all the assets (aka inputs and outputs) that you want to package with your Alteryx workflow are ticked.
  5. Click OK.
  6. Done!

Nicolashad
5 - Atom

thank you

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Nicolashad I have started this off with you using the Parse XML macro. Let me know what you think.

Nicolashad
5 - Atom

Hello Rishik and thank you again for your help .

Due to the fact that i am using an older version(2019.3) of alteryx i can not open the yxzp .Is there any way to send me the file to be compatible with 2019.3 version?

Thank you again 

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Nicolashad I have attached the workflow unpackaged and for 2019.3.

I am using the Parse XML macro from the Gallery (I have attached it also) in case it doesn't appear in your workflow when you open it:

There is also an app for you:

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/XML-Parse-App/584b5424effc2a1140cc7db9

Labels