Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Predictive Analytics

Viv_ekk
5 - Atom

Hi Team,

I have recently purchased license of Alteryx & would like to do an analysis on Alteryx using Predictive analytics. I have downloaded the starter kit but I am not sure how should I use it. I have searched on youtube etc but I am not getting any step by step guide for a beginner. 

I want to analyse customer payment behavior based on raw data hence need help

6 REPLIES 6
JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Viv_ekk 

I'd say Alteryx themselves have some pretty good predictive analytics learning materials as part of the Data Science learning pathway. Find the link here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Data-Science-Learning-Path/ta-p/504157#done

Viv_ekk
5 - Atom

Hi @jamescharnley, thank you for your response. I searched on Alteryx website but not getting any content. Could you please help me with any link or page which can be helpful for me

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@Viv_ekk 

The academy section is full of options for learning, with learning paths as I mentioned, or interactive lessons and videos. There are some weekly challenges on Predictive too if you'd like to see some examples of how it's working.

Here's a link to the academy:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Academy/ct-p/alteryx-academy

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @Viv_ekk 

Within Alteryx workflow: Help --> Sample Workflows --> Preditice Tool Samples.

Also, go here:

Alteryx Predictive Analytics Starter Kit | Alteryx

Alteryx Retail Starter Kit | Alteryx

Alteryx Customer Analytics Starter Kit | Alteryx

Alteryx Marketing Analytics Starter Kit | Alteryx

Alteryx Use Cases | Alteryx

If you downloaded the starter kits, they would also be available under Help --> Sample Workflows --> Starter Kits (which will have examples you can start with).

Otherwise, consider providing a problem statement, sample data, and your desired outcome - and the community will help you get going. Cheers!

Viv_ekk
5 - Atom

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply. 

I have followed your steps & was able to locate the predictive analytics starter kit. I am working on preparing "Propensity to Pay" model & for that I have considered below business rules/logics after studying the raw data. The intent of this model should be to help my "Collection team" to collect payment from risk band customers & basically to help them to target high risk customers

1. Aim:  to create a stack ranked list of all customer accounts based on Propensity to pay by month end.

2. Factors included in the segmentation (Risk band and OS Band)

3. Risk banding (Low, Medium and High)

Past Payment behaviour,
Customer Profile Class,
Billing frequency,
Payment Terms,
Paid percentage till date,
OS Band (Low, Medium and High)
4. Outstanding band is simply based on three equi-groups of 33 percentile distribution.

5.For example, High risk and High Outstanding amount would be treated differently than Low risk and Low Outstanding band

Could you please guide me on this?

edgarabedian
5 - Atom

Hi, when I try and execute the starter kit download for install, I keep getting a modal window warning - "could not create SSL/TLS secure channel".  Searched around but did not find anything helpful. Is this an Alteryx thing or windows thing?  The warning window is coming from the install program.

Labels