Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Power BI Output: Bad request syntax or unsupported method.

Marcelo_Souza
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am struggling to upload data into the PBI workspace using PBI output tool the error shows "Dataset must contain at least one table". The table was named by default and data cleansing also was used to remove/replace by 0 the null data, not sure why I am still getting this error.

Marcelo_Souza_0-1655302617350.png

Thanks,

Marcelo

5 REPLIES 5
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Marcelo_Souza!

Is this still an issue? If so, did you read about this bug?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/TPM-522-Error-Bad-request-syntax-or...

The article suggests changing all integers data types to doubles.

Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Deb

Marcelo_Souza
6 - Meteoroid

Hi ddiesel,

Thanks for your comments, I did not have any INT in the data everything is Double but the issue persists. 

Thanks,

Marcelo

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Marcelo_Souza, try this configuration.

grazitti_sapna_0-1655728976651.png

grazitti_sapna_1-1655728991449.png

Did you pass the table name?

Is it possible for you to share screenshots of your power bi output tool configuration or your workflow?

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
haleyglazer
5 - Atom

I am having this same issue and when I try to edit the table name to #1:TestTable1 I cannot put anything before the colon (:) that is mandatory in the field and doesn't get deleted. So I end up with :#1:TestTable1 because the initial colon will not move or be deleted, nothing can be put in front of it. No matter what I try to name the table, I get the error that dataset must include at least one table. I do not have any integers OR doubles in my data. 

MarisaT
5 - Atom

There could be a few reasons, e.g. too many rows. This article resolved my issue:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Bad-Request-Error-with-the-...

Labels