Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
解決済み

Phone Numbers in Formula

reginawhelan
アステロイド

I am creating a flow that validates data. I am having a hard time with the Phone Number. I will explain the steps in my flow (in regards to the phone number):

1. I'm using a Multi-Field formula to remove any "NULL" text (data that has been entered as NULL and replacing it with Nothing/Blank). Formula: IF [_currentfield_] = "NULL" THEN "" ELSE [_currentfield_] ENDIF. This is working great for the other 79 columns.

2. I want to default any blank fields within the phone number column with (000)000-0000. I am using a Formula function: IF [Phone Number] = null() THEN "(000)000-0000" ELSE [Phone Number] ENDIF

Only the fields that were blank are populated with the default phone number ((000)000-0000), any that were text entered ("NULL") and now Blank are coming back with nothing.

I've tried changing the Type within the Select function but none of them are giving me the desired results.

Can someone please help me?

2件の返信2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @reginawhelan try this syntax for

1. IF [_currentfield_] = "NULL" THEN Null() ELSE [_currentfield_] ENDIF.

2. IF [Phone Number] = null() or [Phone Number] ="NULL" THEN "(000)000-0000" ELSE [Phone Number] ENDIF

reginawhelan
アステロイド

I took the NULL replacement out of the Multi-Field formula and added your suggestion and it worked...Thank you!

ラベル