Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Passing user defined value to get specific result

poojamate92
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have a whole year data using that there is monthly reports are generating e.g I have Jan-Dec Raw data and my workflow generate monthly reports. So whenever I need 1 or 2 months reports I needed to run all the data and take the result manually. So the requirement is that when I enter Jan then It has to take Jan month data and generate report for the same, if I enter Jan and Feb then it have to run data for Jan and Feb and generate report for two months. 

So basically I needed to pass run time value and execute the workflow for that specific value. I believe that it can be achieved by using macro, as I did not worked on macro previously I need a help for this problem. 

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @poojamate92 ,

You can build an app or provide this options in a macro. I need few info how to you want to select month do you want a text box interface or list box (list of options) interface.

If you provide some sample data we can quickly help you out with a workflow 🙂

poojamate92
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

I appreciate your quick response. Attached is the sample data which contain Date and value column. In Date column there are Jan to Dec dates So I need to pass run time input when I enter 'Jan' month then the result shows Jan month data, when I enter Jan and Mar then it shows data for Jan and Mar and so on.

We can use text or list anything for that.

Thank Tou.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @poojamate92 

I would suggest a list box because its more flexible in this usecase

workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1628151083864.png

Hope this helps : )

poojamate92
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Thanks for the solution. I'll try to implement this in my use case once it works I'll let you know.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @poojamate92 

Just a gentle suggestion you need to mark the helpful replies for the usecase as the solution.

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels