Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Passing Parameterized Values To The Salesforce Output Tool

conorsmith
5 - Atom

Hello, I have a use case where I need to pass credentials automatically to the Salesforce Output tool. Currently, I'm leveraging Alteryx data connections to parameterize each input and output tool connection so that when we change from lower environments to higher environments, we can update once in server rather than having to go through and update every workflow's connections manually.

This works for all input and output tools except for the Salesforce Output tool, which requests credentials but there doesn't look to be a way to set a generic alias (e.g., Target_Salesforce) where we update Target_Salesforce with the respective QA, Dev, Prod, etc. connection from a centralized place.

In summary, I need a way to automatically update the credentials in the Salesforce Output tool from lower to higher environments. I'm open to use Python, text input, server data connections, or whatever works.

Please let me know if there's any additional clarity I can provide above, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
conorsmith
5 - Atom

Here's a visual example of what the credential request looks like in the Salesforce Output tool

conorsmith_0-1686143045892.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

throw the salesforce Screenshot (771)-cropped.pngoutput tool into a batch macro. Use a control parameter/action tool for your parameters.

conorsmith
5 - Atom

@apathetichell, thank you so much for sharing this -- can you share the attachment of the workflow you built as well so we have a reference on what the macro looks like along with the main workflow?

Labels