Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parse XML with multiples tag to columns

MadiNissi
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone,

I have an XML file with multiples <tags> and would like to parse a few tags (I don't need all of them) as columns and rows.

I have tried to use the XML macro but it doesn't work and now I am struggling to achieve my goal.

I am attaching the XML file so you can have a look at the format.

Does anybody know how to work with this?

I appreciate all your help.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @MadiNissi,

You may want to tick some of these boxes if the information isn't coming through:

IraWatt_0-1663167432314.png

Is there an specific tags values you want to extract? It may be that Regex is needed to get the values.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MadiNissi ,

as @IraWatt pointed out, given you have multiple outer and child xml sections you need to check the boxes in your input tool:

mceleavey_0-1663169732650.png

This allows you to return these xml sections and then run them individually through the XML parsing tool:

mceleavey_1-1663169780128.png

This will then give you the outputs:

mceleavey_2-1663169819197.png

mceleavey_3-1663169831304.png

mceleavey_4-1663169844337.png

I've attached the exported workflow which includes the xml tool.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

...if the macro isn't working I've attached this as an export too.

M.

Bulien

MadiNissi
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @mceleavey! It worked well!

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

@mceleavey   How can we parse the XML which are generated in Workflow Setting of the XML view while Developing workflow.

I want to convert that XML in Excel format. Any idea or Suggestion on the Same.

Those XML Containg Node, Connection and Properties.

Dlians
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you, @mceleavey! I am working on a XML project and looking for a way that allows me to parse the values from all levels. The parse XML macro did the magic! It's so awesome! 

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

Labels