Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Parse Amounts at end of Text String, But Not the Value following the word "line"

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

Need help with a parse / regex question.   My fields are trapped in a single field called RAW_TXT.   In this case, I am trying to isolate the values (amounts) found at the end of RAW_TXT.  I then parse the values (if more than one) into their respective fields in a later step.

I am using the expression (.*\u\S*) (.*).  This works for 99% of the records.   The exception is when the comment ends with ...line \d {1,3}.  See #2 below.  In these instances, I do NOT want to capture the digits immediately following "line". 

How can I modify my expression to account for this?

RECORDRAW_TXTLINE_NMBR and TITLEVALUES  
158 E-3 172141 11806858 E-53172141 118068  
2NATO AWACS -Air Force requested transfer to line 87 -36401 -36401  
3IPEC B-kit NRE unjustified growth -6593 -6593  
2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

@hellyars 

I might use the tokenize option for this. You can set use a negative look around to avoid capturing the numbers that come directly after line, but you may have to fiddle with it a bit if there are other scenarios like that. 

here is the explanation of the regex too: regexr.com/5j2fi 

Greg_Murray_0-1608671228363.png

Hope that helps,

Greg

hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

Regex makes my eyes cross. For this I would formulate

reversestring(left(reversestring(RAW_TXT),findstring(reversestring(RAW_TXT),' ')))

Labels