Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Overwrite Output File completely with new File (Variable Tabs)

Aakash1
6 - Meteoroid

My Alteryx Workflow's Output Excel Sheet has several Tabs. However, it is not necessary that all the Tabs get generated every time the workflow is run, depending upon the quality of data in Input File. I want to overwrite the pre-existing Output File having different number of Tabs, completely with the new Output file which has different number of Tabs. Which 'Output Option' should I choose, if I do not want to delete the already existing Output File every time I run the Workflow.

Please Note that all the Output Tabs' Names are mentioned in the Workflow. However, it depends on the quality of data in the Input File as to which all Tabs will be generated post Workflow run.

5 REPLIES 5
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Aakash1 ,

I'm not sure to understand what you want.

Do you want to overwrite the whole file or not based on the quality of the data ?

Aakash1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Jean, Yes, I want to overwrite the whole file every time I run the workflow.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Then you should use the "Overwrite file (Remove)" mode in the output tool and every time your Excel file will be overwritten !

Shreyash41
7 - Meteor

@Jean-Balteryx Hello! I have similar issue. My workflow writes 200 records per sheet in output excel and in every successive run the number of records may vary resulting into different count of sheets generated. The problem i faced when i used the configuration recommended by you is that my workflow instead of creating a different sheet when the count of records exceeds 200, drops the data in same sheet it was writing on and starts writing next batch of records instead of removing sheets from previous run and readjusting the count of sheets for new run.

Shreyash41
7 - Meteor

@Aakash1 Hey Aakash, can you please share how you eventually countered this issue. I have similar problem and i have been struggling for a week now for the same issue.

Labels