Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output values to Excel

Mark99
5 - Atom

Hello,

I've spent much time researching and experimenting but thus far to no avail.  I've seen many comments on the Alteryx site but have yet to find any solutions for my issue.  I suspect there must be an easy answer because my desired output strikes me as one that many would need to achieve.  Below, I need to output to XLXS in the form of either A or B, namely, right-justified with comma where appropriate.  Also, lines at the bottom to denote totals.  Additionally, column widths s/b adequate to accommodate the numbers.  Finally, when outputting to Excel as a string, it not only left-justifies but also includes the green triangles in each cell as shown below left.  Any way to solve for all of these issues?   Thank you!

Mark99_1-1629060364716.png

5 REPLIES 5
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Here's how I do A, I couldn't get B to work 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Mark99 

If the number of rows is constant, maybe we can output to a prefixed Excel template, with the option of preserving formatting.

Capture1.PNG

deepashah
7 - Meteor

Hi! 

I was able to recreate something similar to option B of your desired output, attached. To explain each step:

• Input: Typed in your current Alteryx output as a string, in Excel
  • Select: Changed all these values to "Double" so Alteryx reads the values as numbers
  • Multi-Field Formula: Added the formula "ToString([Values],0,1)" - doing this adds the thousand comma separator
  • Table: this does a few things -
    1. Renames column to "Count"
    2. Right aligns the data
    3. Adds the lines. The attached has a bolded final line, rather than two lines

Mark99
5 - Atom

Thank you all for your suggestions.  Ultimately I turned to a colleague who is very knowledgeable with Alteryx and I learned that the Blob tool is really the optimal solution for my use case.  The Blob tool allows for setting all formatting to a template as desired - in my case, setting an Excel template with numbers as desired, column widths, and more.  Thank you again for your time and effort here.  I appreciated reviewing your proposed solutions.  Best, Mark

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

So maybe you could "like" the replies as well 😉 

For what it's worth, I wouldn't even think of using Blob here but that would work - and the other 2 responses here are valid as well.

Labels