Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output to Specific Column/Row

JasmineMcD
5 - Atom

Hi folks.

I came across the below post from Rujin which is exactly what I am hoping to find an answer.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Output-to-a-specific-range-in-Excel/m-...

I searched the forum and I couldn't find a solution to this issue.

I have my workflow set to create a crosstab for exactly the data I need. I would like to output the crosstab results to a specific range in an existing Excel file based on column and row criteria. In essence, I would like Alteryx to output based off the functionality of a SUMPRODUCT formula. My crosstab shows Products along the top, Agent Numbers along the rows, and sales totals at the intersecting cells. I would like to output these intersecting results into my existing master Excel file based on a range of cells I indicate for the given timeframe (weekly). For example, pick up Agent A's Product 1 Sales total and output that number into Agent A's Product 1 cell in my master for week 12 (I can certainly tell Alteryx the range of cells correlating to week 12).

Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Lalitjeee
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Can you provide a sample workflow? I am not 100% sure but I believe a workaround can work.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Lalitjeee !

I'm not sure I understand exactly your use case from the description above, but here's one example of how you can write to specific ranges in Excel:

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps! If not, please send some sample data and your desired output as @JasmineMcD suggested. I'm sure we can help.

Thanks,
Deb

JasmineMcD
5 - Atom

Thank you everyone. It took me a minute to get back to this task. Since the sort of my file to which I am writing does not change (it's only appended), I was able to use a RecordID in both the data to be written and the File to which it will be written. This works beautifully!

Labels