Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output multiple files to different excel tabs

alexandramannerings
8 - Asteroid

Hi! Is there a reasonable way to export mutliple Alteryx outputs into the same excel file under different tabs? I found this explanation (http://community.alteryx.com/Data-Blending/In-Out/Output-different-files-to-multiple-tabs-in-an-Exce...) but it doesn't work for me (Plus even if it did I really don't like the "table" function because I loose all my decimal points and have to go in one by one to my 60 fields and change it to include multiple decimal points). Any thoughts?

25 REPLIES 25
iwilliams
8 - Asteroid

You could use multiple output tools and specify the same file and location in each tool, then query the sheet name for each individual tool.  

Ex: 

\Desktop\book1.xlsx|||first_sheet

\Desktop\book1.xlsx|||second_sheet

\Desktop\book1.xlsx|||third_sheet

ssink
5 - Atom

I want to do this in an app i'm building. How do I prevent Alteryx from providing the first single tab output from generating? I only want the workflow to spit out the excel workbook that has the tabs combined into the same workbook.

Gina2021
8 - Asteroid

@ssink do you have one output per tab, or multiple tables per tab?

Travis_Ratliff
8 - Asteroid

Hey @MikeN When I run your workflow it works fine. However when I run the attached workflow and try to open up the excel spreadsheet I get the following error message.

Travis_Ratliff_0-1663706609841.png

Any idea on why this might be?

SebastianCiuksza
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @MikeN 

Could you please share your thoughts why this solution does not work when 'Output Options' change from 'Overwrite Sheet or Range' to 'Overwrite file (Remove)'?

I think I used such configuration once and it worked for me, but now when I try this it gives me only one tab as an output (the third one).

Thanks

fengying
5 - Atom

I uploaded an excel file into Alteryx with a few different sheets and wanted to export each specified sheet into one report or separate reports. But I was not able to do that. The window showed up below. Once I pressed OK, it did not save anywhere. I need help on finding the final report(s). TIA!

fengying_0-1675913439359.png

Labels