Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output - Filter and multiple outputs based off field names

Lili7891
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

Hope you can help - I'm sure there is a sort of way of doing this based off the output settings but everything I am trying is coming up with an error. 

I have a workflow which has thousands of rows, essentially what I want to do is run it so it outputs multiple excel files based off the specific field name.

I have attached a dummy file for reference - essentially I have built the workflow to assign a unique code to unique names and i want the output to create a table for each unique code so for example if the code is "11" I would want a file that shows Row 2, 11 and 14 as one table whilst the code 22 would have a seperate file containing rows 3, 12 and 15.

I'm hoping that there's a simpler way of doing this rather than creating multiple output connections?

The plan is to eventually turn this into an analytical app and have the end user filter based off their unique code, but again, not sure if this will be possible.

Any help / guidance / suggestions appreciated, thank you!

EDIT: I added a table and layout tool on the end of my data due to the number of fields - is there a way of applying the same concept from this?

11 REPLIES 11
singhthatcoddes
5 - Atom

Hi, I used your solution for my purpose. However, there is a small twist.

For simplicity I have kept only two columns but I need to filter and create outputs for the unique no of labels given in the first column.

Please can you help in modifying the app solution to fit my requirement.

aschuster
5 - Atom

What am I doing wrong if I keep receiving the error "You Must Specify a sheet name"?  I created a formula with filepath and listed "sheet1" in the formula.

10-31-2023 11-39-22 AM.png10-31-2023 11-40-51 AM.png

Labels