Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output Data Tool -Update on Key field and update all columns EXCEPT the primary key itself

matthewsuarez
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm attempting to update data to salesforce via the data output tool using an ODBC connection. The input tool and connection work perfectly, however, salesforce has a bit of a quirk where the primary key (called the id) is read-only by default.

So when attempting to update records using the id as the 'Key for Update', Salesforce will send back an error stating the id column is read only. I think by default when the output tool is updating against a primary key, the key itself is also being included in that statement.

Is there any way to not actually include the key in the update itself or have more control over the actual output option? Like a direct update statement that references the data stream?

1 REPLY 1
matthewsuarez
5 - Atom

I figured this out - I was misunderstanding how the key for update works. It's not selecting the primary key in the 'Select Columns for Key for Update', it's selecting the fields to update, so I can properly exclude the id field. 

Labels