Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output 10M Joined records into multiple excel sheets/files/csv in 1 flow.

Isha_Gupta
8 - Asteroid

Hey,

I am Working on a dataset which takes multiple inputs in a workflow, Joins all of them 1 by 1 after certain manipulations.

The final dataset generated is a bit more than 10 million rows and more than 100 columns.

Now I know, it can be output in Alteryx format and many others, But I am looking either Excel or CSV.

I need the workflow to run, keep writing the output to 1 Excel file or worksheet or 1 csv file then as soon as the limit is about to be reached, switch over to the next sheet or file for the remaining records and so on.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Use RecordId - You would then create a filename/sheet name dynamically  ("myexcelfile_"+tostring(ceil([RecordID]/600000))+".xlsx|Sheet1") or something like that - and then set your output data to change entire filepath based upon whatever filename is assigned to that specific row.

This is not the ideal way to store your data.

Isha_Gupta
8 - Asteroid

Can you explain in a more simpler terms. Especially the expression to create dynamic sheets or excel.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Isha_Gupta One way of doing this with the tile tool (equal records property) 

binuacs_0-1673994808803.png

Isha_Gupta
8 - Asteroid

Wow, Thanks for the solution. Simpler than I expected it to be.

Labels