Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Oracle Client Error Connection

AntlRo
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I try to connect to an Oracle client database to extract data from but I keep getting an error that it cannot find my oracle client. I tried setting my path as such below and I still get the error it cannot find it.

- The wierd thing is in the user settings when I set the user path and try to install again it removes the user settings file path. 

"C:Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine\<ALTERYX VERSION>\UserSettings.xml

There you need to look for the following line and put your oracle client path:

<OracleInstantClientInstallPath NoInherit="False">C:\ProgramData\instantclient_12_1\</OracleInstantClientInstallPath>"

end result is I would like to connect to an Oracle DB using quick connect without having to remove and reinstall everything. 

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @AntlRo ,

Please go to the quick connect option on the input tool and select a new and blank folder for the oracle client to be downloaded.

fmvizcaino_0-1668438953246.png

Let me know if this works. If not, we can go ahead with a different process.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Jafar
7 - Meteor

@fmvizcaino 
I have tried every possible way.
Even change the user settings.
Still, I am unable to download.
I have checked with the IT team they have given all access to the folder.

Jafar_0-1675254818499.png

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Jafar ,

Take a look on this tutorial. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Connect-to-an-Oracle-Databas...

The option D says to:

Note: The install directory will be saved with the user settings and will only be visible to the user who installed the client. If you are installing this on a server or as an admin for another user on the machine, you should download the client directly from Oracle  ( Instant Client Downloads for Microsoft Windows (x64) 64-bit  ) and follow the installation instructions provided by them at the bottom of the page

Best regards,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels