Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Optimizing transportation cost using a max. 2 supplier constraint

TijsBooij
5 - Atom

Hello community,

We are currently conducting a tender for airfreight services. We have received over 1500 bids from 10 suppliers, resulting in approximately 15,000 rates for  > 50 locations.

However, we are encountering an issue as we aim to restrict the number of suppliers to a maximum of 2 per origin location.

Could you please suggest a suitable tool and provide guidance on how to utilize it to determine the most cost-efficient pair of suppliers per location of origin?

I considered using a linear regression model, but I'm struggling to incorporate the constraint of limiting suppliers to a maximum of 2.

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @TijsBooij,

This sounds like a job for the Optimization Tool - but this can be a bit tricky to set up. If you send some sample and/or anonymized data I can see if I can help set this up.

Thanks,

Philip

sparksun
11 - Bolide
TijsBooij
5 - Atom

Thank you for the quick reply, I have included a .csv with sample data. 10 suppliers, 10 locations with each 30 lanes and 30 prices. I have been playing with the Optimization tool, but can't get the max. 2 supplier limit to work properly.

Thanks again

Labels