Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

[OUTPUT][CSV into TXT]: How to output a file without delimiters?

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hello guys.

I am trying to output a file as CSV (because there are no extentions that output as TXT), however I am not finding a way of removing the commas or any other type of delimiter.

Here is an example:

Joker_Hazard_0-1608735651092.png

Is there a way of removing those commas and still respect the format? I dont want to substituite for blank spaces, it would be like deleting the caracthers (commas).

Thank you all...

6 REPLIES 6
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can change the delimited in the output configuration, highlighted below. However, without a delimiter it will be rather difficult to use the data afterward since there wouldn't be anything to parse the columns by.

echuong1_0-1608736209260.png

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hey! 

Thanks for the quick answer. I tried to do this, but even without a delimiter, it goes with comma.

I think it's because my input has commas... 

The purpose of that is to remove this pontuation, the program I run afterwards reads the file, but needs to be without those commas.

Do you have any idea of what I could do?

Tks

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

After you configure the CSV, make sure to change the file extension up top. Also for your delimiter use \0 which means no delimiter

Options.png

Output.png

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hey Brandon. Your solution is very interesting! However, how can I create fields while maintaining the format of 241 positions on the notepad +++?

Because by doing that,  only one field is created..

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

This is because the purpose that a delimiter serves is to maintain the fields like @echuong1 was talking about above. Maybe you want to use a \t delimiter instead as a tab separator? 

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Yep it did work! Sorry I understood that this had to me made on the INPUT and not in the OUTPUT.

Thank you so much! Also, Echuong, thanks for the help too!

Labels