Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Numeric value with decimals changes after Select tool to whole number

CherieACI
8 - Asteroid

I have numeric values (with decimals) that start in the input as vstrings. In the select tool I change it to a double because it is used in a formula later in the workflow. For some reason when the value comes out of the select tool it is suddenly a whole number completely different from the original value. Example: the billing amount starts out as 1311.53 but the output after the select tool the value = 1. Why is this happening? I've never seen this before. I have provided a sample of the workflow, the sample data and the outputs before and after the select tool. Can someone please explain why this happens? 

Thank you in advance!

Cherie

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @CherieACI 

Issue was caused because commas were present in the number. Please add the highlighted formula tool to replace commas before conversion.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1634746270627.png

Hope this helps : )

CherieACI
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much that worked! 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @CherieACI 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels