Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Not OK Data

AshrafHaris
6 - Meteoroid

Not OK Status.png

Hi All,

Appreciate the help if anybody can provide me the solution to filter out the Not OK data status such as leading spaces, trailing spaces, embedded tabs and so on in Alteryx. Instead of handling them using the Data Cleansing tool, I prefer to have those Not OK data status to be extracted or to be place in a new column for my reference. I attached an image to show one of the example for Not OK status data.

Thank You !

4 REPLIES 4
Pang_Hee_Choy
12 - Quasar
  1. duplicate column
  2. data cleansing the duplicate
  3. filter the different between columns
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If you want to highlight the Not OK rows, you could use the following formula (type is Bool),

REGEX_CountMatches([Prep1], '^\s|\s$|[\n\t]')

This will flag TRUE if there is leading or trailing whitespace OR if there are embedded new lines or tabs... which you can then easily filter out.

See example attached,

image.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @AshrafHaris. Does my solution work for you? If so, please mark as a solution.

AshrafHaris
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Philip,

Thank you for the solution. But I have altered the solution a bit by not using the Regex Expression.

In a way it's the same concept which by tagging the Not OK data with TRUE or FALSE expression just like you showed me.

Thank You so much! 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels