Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help to modify the app- Alteryx Server Usage Report

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi All,

I configured the Server Usage Report and made a few changes to the macro file so that the results would be immediately saved to a shared path. The process is functioning well inside the Server on the Designer desktop.

After publishing the same to Alteryx Gallery, I ran it and it generated 3 files in the shared path as mentioned below-

EN6924_0-1687355331529.png

However from Gallery it’s throwing an error message -

EN6924_1-1687355366149.png

Error opening the file "Tool #390: \\Uk21pfsr001\landata\FinanceData\Reporting\Branch reporting\2022\All Branches - Documents\Branch Reporting Controls\Production Server Audit Report\Alteryx PROD Server_SessionActivity Report.xlsx": The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. (123) (ToolId: -1)

How can the problem be mitigated?

Additionally, the previous files are being deleted each time when we are running the app, as if it were replacing the old files with new ones. Is there any solution for this like every-time it will generate new files with current date-time when I run this?

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
dYoast
11 - Bolide

@EN6924 

How is the Gallery Run As user configured?  If this user is just the local server, it will not have permissions to write to the network drive.

I am guessing that when you user Designer on the server, you are logging into the server as a user with the proper permissions.

As far as not overwriting the files, you can use a formula tool to add the date to the filename.  Since you already changed where the files write, you should be able to modify the workflow for this change.

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi dYoast

EN6924_0-1687425418677.png

The Alteryx service is configured with a service account. 

It is just configured in service and not used anywhere else. 

EN6924_1-1687425599608.png

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi dYoast

As far as not overwriting the files, we can use a formula tool to add the date to the filename.  Since we already changed where the files write, we should be able to modify the workflow for this change.

I have never added formula tool with datetime function before Render tool. I've done earlier once before output tool.

Can you help here modifying the macro file? The zipped file already attached here.

dYoast
11 - Bolide

@EN6924 

Our server is configured opposite of what you show.  In the Alteryx settings, we have the domain, user and password.  The service is set to local system account.

I think if you change yours, the gallery would write to your intended location.

Here is an example of a formula.  This puts the previous day at the end of the filename.  If you want the current date, remove the DateTimeAdd.

dYoast_0-1687437265120.png

Here is an example of the Render tool using the path from the formula.  I did not run this workflow, so FilePath shows as missing.

dYoast_1-1687437336255.png

Here is a screenshot of the workflow.  The formula is after the layout.

dYoast_2-1687437440555.png

I hope this gives you enough information.

Labels