Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need a logic to funnel the files that are not processed

stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Hi Geeks,

I've an Alteryx workflow, picks up text files and appends database fields with Transformations and generates a PDF report.

However, my requirement is to funnel the files that are not processed , as the picture shown below

stevelogue1980_0-1665704361206.png

Lets say Input files are 1,2,3,4 and archives into a folder after processing and here files are 1,2,4

and  3 is not processed and wanted to capture in a folder

Appreciated for your inputs

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @stevelogue1980 

A few questions:

• What is causing file 3 to not be processed in the first place? Or is the fact pattern that file 3 is placed in folder A after files 1, 2, and 4 are processed?
  • When you say 'Outputs to a B folder for archiving', what is happening? Are you outputting new files with the same file names? Are you using run command tools to move the files from folder A to folder B?

My initial reaction is that you should use a run command tool to move the files from folder A to folder B after they are processed. That way folder A only has unprocessed files and you don't need to worry about this at all. Here's a link with some examples:

https://tarsolutions.co.uk/blog/move-or-copy-files-in-alteryx/

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

easiest way: create a field of your text filenames in your database. Extract that via summarize in-db/group by - datastream out. compare that with directory tool filesnames. If a file isn't in the database field - it hasn't been processed (left or right anchor) - this should go to a count tool - why a count tool? It's an easy way to create a field if you have no records in that part of a filter anchor. You can then create the output as your see fit.

Labels