Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need Help regarding enabling of email in alteryx server [SMTP email from Oracle Server]

Karthik_7694
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I need to know whether how to enable the email capability in the Alteryx server. Need to send a status message as mail notifications to recipients that a particular process has not completed successfully.[SMTP email from Oracle Server]

It will be of great help if some one tells me how to enable the email capability in alteryx server and also if some one can give any reference links or guide for enabling it .

Thanks,

Karthik.

3 REPLIES 3
nischalvadari
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, @Karthik_7694 ,

Email notifications can be enabled in couple of ways.

1. Using the events in the workflow configuration window:

nischalvadari_1-1619677736133.png

You should have the SMTP that your local team / process uses and the other information to configure the event. and also choose when to trigger the email based on the options available in the "Run Event When" drop down.

2. the other way to enable email notifications is by using the email tool (part of the reporting tools suite). You can use the fields either from a separate input or hard code values.

nischalvadari_0-1619678025545.png

Hope this helps. Please accept as solution if you feel it helps what you are looking for.

Karthik_7694
8 - Asteroid

Hi nischalvadari,

I went through your solution and I see that your solution for email notification is suitable for alteryx designer and I am looking for solution in Alteryx Server. If you have any reference links for server notification it will be of great help.

Thanks,

Karthik.

nischalvadari
6 - Meteoroid

To be able to achieve this on the Alteryx server / Gallery, Please take a look in to the below link, which should help you. 

https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/notifications#:~:text=To%20enable%20email%20notifications%2C....

Labels