Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need Help Adding a row into my data Set Based on a Calculation/Logic

MitchS
5 - Atom

Hey Community, 

I am just starting out using Alteryx and need some help with a problem I have. 

I have the following columns in question: 

Material NumberCategory ValueDate

I need to be able to add a new row which is "Projected Closing Stock" for an individual material/ Month combo. The calculation for Closing Stock is = to Opening Stock on hand - Demand + Production. Where the opening stock on hand for all months (excluding August) is the closing stock from the month before. 

I have added an example workflow with the desired result. 

I would appreciate if someone could help in solving this :) 

8 REPLIES 8
Kottapally_Ramesh
7 - Meteor

Hi @MitchSewhoy 

Please see the attached workflow which will give you Projected Closing Stock & if you need to rollout the data to next month add a filter & select only "Projected Closing Stock" row to get the result.

Hope this helps.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @MitchS, I have a query related to your desired output. 

grazitti_sapna_0-1656308274180.png

For the month of June 2022, you need projected closing stock= 20 which will be achieved using 

Closing Stock is = to Opening Stock on hand(closing stock of the previous month except for August) + Demand + Production

But for the month of July 2022 you need 

Closing Stock is = to Opening Stock on hand(closing stock of the previous month except for August) - Demand + Production

Are you calculating the month of June 2022 and July 2022 separately? Can you please clarify?

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
MitchS
5 - Atom

Hey @Sapna Gupta

Sorry, Yes I would want June 22 Closing Stock to be calculated off the May 22 closing stock (June 22 Opening) - Demand (Sales) + Production and then have the same happen for July 22 but based on June 22 Closing Stock. 

Forgive me for putting in bad example values which would give a Negative closing stock for June 22. For this, if we just change the May 22 closing stock number (which I have hard-coded but would want to be calculated as above) to say 20 and kept June 22 Demand as 10 and Production as 5. S Closing Stock for June 22 would then need to be 15. 

Hopefully this helps, 

Cheers, 

Mitch. 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @MitchS, please take look at the workflow attached. I hope this resolves your query.

grazitti_sapna_0-1656389427254.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
MitchS
5 - Atom

Hey Sapna, 

Thanks for your help on that, I think I had given a bad example so I have given a bit more info and updated the input tool in the attached. 

Essentially I have a fixed 24 Month range of Aug-21 till  Jul-23. This will update in Aug 22 to be Aug 22 out till Jul 24. 

At the end of Aug 21 there was an opening stock position for x number of SKU there was also demand and production for x number of materials (some may have just had production and no demand and vice versa). The calculation of closing stock for Aug 21 would be Opening stock -Demand + Production this then would sit in place as the opening stock for Sep 21 and the calculation based on demand and production would run again. I need to be able to scale this for my 24-month range over multiple SKUs and have it so it can easily be rolled once one financial year finishes. 

I have given an example with multiple months and multiple SKUs.

Appreciate your time and help on this. 

Thanks, 

Mitch. 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @MitchS, is this what you are looking for?

grazitti_sapna_0-1656485010383.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
MitchS
5 - Atom

Hey Sapna, 

I have made a few small tweaks to fit my data set but it is working as expected !! Thank you very much for the help!. 

Cheers, 

Mitch. 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@MitchS, glad it worked for you.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Labels