Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple rows in Alteryx

ivoiculescu2020
8 - Asteroid

Hello team,

I need to look for some materials from reports (that are provided by external sources) in our distribution system but I need Alteryx to show me ALL locations that those materials are located according to the information in our distribution system.

For example, the external report shows lot 123456 appearing at location EU1 but in our system it is at locations EU1, EU2, EU3

If I use Find/Replace function, it will just show me one location, not all of them and not necessarily EU1

If I use Join, it will show me only the exact location I match it to, which is EU1

How can I configure Alteryx to show me ALL locations that this lot is located at in our distribution system?

Thank you again for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I think you need to define your problem a bit better and provide some sample data. Also expected output.

I don't understand you entirely as I cannot visualize your issue.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

What @caltang said ☝️.

Sounds like you possibly want to do a join (not a Find and Replace, akin to a vlookup).

Rags1982
10 - Fireball

Hi @ivoiculescu2020 , as @caltang & @PhilipMannering have said, you may want to elaborate on your problem a bit more. However, my take on it is that you want to find all locations (EU1, EU2, EU3) if location EU1 is showing in the report? 

A join may not work if the locations are comma separated as in your example, as there is no join & a find/replace may not work as it will only return the first row if it does find something. 

What you could do however is to append all records (but may be slow depending on records), then use the formula Regex_Match. This will give a -1/0 if the location on the report matches the location. Then filter the results based on if they match. 

A sample dataset would be ideal as we can then give a definite answer. 

ivoiculescu2020
8 - Asteroid

@Rags1982 @PhilipMannering @caltang 

Thank you for your prompt replies. I do appreciate your time and your speedy responses.

When I read them, I realized that join was the best option. I am not sure why I didn't think of that at first. I am sorry I wasted your time with this question.

Labels