Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple filters from one field

mariussmintina
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Everyone,

I am quite new to Alteryx and trying to develop a solution that reports data for multiple types of products. These are recorded in a column "Product Type". One way, that is quite time consuming is to filter each one of them. Another way I found is to use the option in the output tool that allows to filter data into a product per sheet, but then I cannot use that for further analysis in the workflow.

Do you have any suggestions that allow me to simplify such a workflow?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@mariussmintina I lost you halfway across your statement - I am not sure what you mean because I cannot visualize your data. Do you mind sharing some sample data / expected output? In addition, if you can share your workflow, that'd be great. We can have a look & suggest from there.

Thanks,

Cal

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
ChrisWaspe
9 - Comet

Hi @mariussmintina . I think a batch macro will do the trick. You can create a process (filter the data), turn that into a batch macro, which will repeat that process for each of your groups. I would happily take at look at your problem in more detail if you provide some sample data.

mariussmintina
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry I cannot share more information, but I think a batch macro will do the trick!

Thank you!

mariussmintina
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Caltang,

I cannot share more data, but a batch macro helped a lot.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Labels