Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple fields calculation

sspi1153
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a data set that looks like:

Example:

Unique ID   Value       Year       PD_in_1_year_                      PD_in_2_years_             PD_3_years_from_now..........................................PD_in_30_years_from_now

A                  1             2018                       0,5                                   0,3                                                                                                                        0,1

A                  1.1          2019                       0.5                                   0,3                                                                                                                        0,1   

A                  1             2020                       0,5                                   0,3                                                                                                                        0,1

B                  1.3          2018                      0,33                                  0,22                                                                                                                      0,6

B                   2            2019                      0,33                                  0,22                                                                                                                       0,6

B                   3            2020                      0,33                                  0,22                                                                                                                       0,6

B                   1            2021                      0,33                                  0,22                                                                                                                       0,6

C                   2            2018                       0,7                                  0,1                                                                                                                         0,4

C                   4            2019                       0,7                                   0,1                                                                                                                        0,4

I am trying to make a workflow that will go through and: 

Step 1:

Unique ID =A => take value (row 1, column 2 = 1 ) and multiply it with  PD_in_1_ year (0,5).  I would need output like Year 2018, 0,5

Step 2

Unique ID =A=> take value (row 2, column 2 = 1,1 ) and multiply it with  PD_in 2_years (0,3). I would need output like Year 2019, 0,33

Step 3 

Unique ID =A=> take value (row 3, column 2 = 1 ) and multiply it with  PD_in 3_years . 

Step 4

Unique ID =B => take value (row 4, column 2 =1,3) and multiply it with PD_in _1_year (0,33). Output like Year 2018, 0,429

Step 5 

Unique ID =B => take value (row 5, column 2 =2) and multiply it with PD_in _2_year (0,22). Output like Year 2019, 0,44

Step 6

Unique ID =B => take value (row 6, column 2 =3) and multiply it with PD_in _3_year 

Step 7

Unique ID= B => take value (row 7, column 2 =1) and multiply it with PD_in _4_year 

Step 8

Unique ID =C => take value (row 8, column 2 =2) and multiply it with PD_in _1_year = 0,7

Step 9 ID=C => tale value from (row 9, column 2=4) and multiply it with PD_in _2_year = 0,1.

I tried several options, without any success. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

There's a few transformations and a filter that make the final calculation possible here.

- Use a Tile tool to assign the record ID that's unique to each "Unique ID" value. This order will be used to determine what "PD_year" field to use.

- Transpose the "PD_year" fields and convert their names to just the year-difference number. 

- Filter to only records where the tile number is the same as the year difference number.

- Perform the calculation.

Check out the example solution attached and let me know if that works for you.

sspi1153
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot!

I spend a lot of time trying to solve this one. Tile was the tool I missed out.

But now it works flawlessly.

Cheers!

Labels