Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Workflows, One output

katonyaj
6 - Meteoroid

I've gotten to a standstill on this workflow. I want to be able to output all of these on separate tabs in the same excel file. Screenshot below of where I'm stumped. Is this possible? Please help.

katonyaj_0-1616687278769.png

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hi,

Can you create a field with the full filepath (inclusive of excel file and sheetname properly formatted) after each summarize tool?

Then you can use this solution:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Excel-File-Name-AND-Sheet-Name/td-p/33...

Note - with your data set up how it is - it might make more sense to have a macro create the field and do the outputting.

Hope this helps!

katonyaj
6 - Meteoroid

I tried to do an output to excel after summarizing but it puts each one on a separate tab within one file. The first screen is how it summarized the results. I want the summarized results on one tab versus the 30 separate it came out on.

katonyaj_1-1616694731457.png

katonyaj_0-1616694634682.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

If you just want everything on one tab there are a variety of ways to do it:

1) Union in all of your records (I'd recommend setting the layout as you wish using arranging columns manually). and then outputting.

2) Using various report features. The most logical to me of these would be to create each one of your summarizes as a table. Afterwords you can use union and layout to arrange as you'd like. Then you can render the file to an .xlsx.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Worth mentioning that you currently have your output set to overwrite existing sheet. You can change this to "Append to Existing Sheet" and give it a go...

Labels