Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multi-row & field formulas (or other formulas)

datausernyc0419
7 - Meteor

Hi all - thanks in advance. 

I typically run analysis in Excel, but this file is quite large, so need to use Alteryx. I am relatively new and have been able to do some formulas, but I need to add on a few that I am not so comfortable with. If anyone has thoughts on any of the following functions (even if only 1-2), that would be immensely helpful. Message if any questions!

See attached current data file structure – few things to note:

• Account_ID = each account ID represents a customer account
  • Month = Month / Year that customer / account were active. Note: companies with “-“ or “0” in a given month should be considered as non-active
  • ARR = ARR for account in given month / year

Tasks I am trying to do

1. Churn Indicator – I want to add in a column that flags each account on whether they have churned or not. My definition is if they have revenue in 2023-09 (in ARR column), they should be tagged as “Active” and all other Account IDs should be “Churned”
  2. Length of customer (# of months)– how many months was the account_ID active for? (i.e., if they have revenue across 3 months, they get a 3 value, etc.)
  3. Spend buckets – I ideally want to tag each account_ID based on their ARR value in 2023-09 – i.e., “high”, “medium”, “low”, where maybe everyone with <$5M ARR goes in “Low”, etc. à I can determine the buckets after (or potentially do groupings based on 25th percentile, 25-50th, 50th – 75th, top 75th) but would be helpful to know the mechanics
  4. Spend growth buckets – ideally, I want to calculate for each customer their respective CAGR value on a monthly basis (taking their second active month against their latest) – we want to use their second active month because the first one is not fully realized ARR because they might have signed mid-month. Once we tag each account_ID to their CAGR, then ideally we would want to bucket them similar to #3

2 REPLIES 2
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Try this out.

image.png

This should give you some ideas. But the crux of it is, the Summarize tool will be your best friend for all 4 of your problems.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

By no means will my workflow answer your questions directly, they are just meant to guide you to your answer. Use it well and learn from it, if you get stuck - tag me. Asking and trying is the best way to learn and get better.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Labels