Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi- Row/Multi -Field Problem

daniel_ga
5 - Atom

Dear community. 

I have an excel file that helps me solve a problem on different rows and different columns process. 

It´s an inventory balance that is running for every period. I get the information of demand per period, Inventory in the first period, and the fixed amount that can be supplied in the week that the inventory starts in 0 or less. 

daniel_ga_0-1647535780237.png

I am trying to know how the inventory will run for all the periods and in which periods will I have to supply.

It´s an easy topic to solve in excel, but I am struggling a lot to solve it in Alteryx. 

Any suggestions on how to complete the table for all the periods? I have attached the excel file as well. Thank you very much! 

5 REPLIES 5
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @daniel_ga 

If it's just the 'Supply' column you're trying to get to work (and i understand the requirement!) then you will need to use the Multi-Row Formula tool, and i've provided a screenshot of the configuration you require below:

DavidSkaife_0-1647537291888.png

daniel_ga
5 - Atom

Hi David, 

Thanks for the support. Not really, so the Inventory I just have for Period 1. For the rest of the periods, I need to calculate myself taking into account supply. So the information that I have would look like this.

daniel_ga_0-1647538036352.png

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Ah ok, i understand now, essentially you need it to calculate everything.

Leave it with me and i'll pull together something for you that should work.

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @daniel_ga 

Please find attached an Iterative macro that should work for what you're looking for. I noticed that the formula in the excel spreadsheet didn't quite match the text formula you'd provided so have ran with the formula in the cells as the basis for the calcs.

My output matches yours so hopefully all good!

I've also provided an example workflow so you can see how it works.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for?

daniel_ga
5 - Atom

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Labels