Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Row Formula

Augustine
6 - Meteoroid

Hello there

I have two columns : Start Date and End Date for each transaction in my workflow. And there were multiple transaction units as well. I wanted to add a column that entails each date between those two dates and named it as continuous dates. It created a new column and added multiple rows, one for each date between the start date and the end date. I used the following syntax on the multi row formula:

Initialization Expression

Start Date

Condition Expression

Date < [End Date] + DateTimeAdd([Date],+1,'days')

Loop Expression

DateTimeAdd([Date],+1,'days')

Now the challenge is that for each transaction, the first date of one becomes the last date for the previous one, and hence that date is being counted twice and appearing twice in the continuous date column. And since i have grouped by another value (Bin), it is happening multiple times.

Any insight on how I can get an output, where if one date within each Bin is the first date for a particular transaction, it is not considered as the last bin for another.

I have attached the workflow. It is a little robust. But then the relevant part is command 84 onwards

Thanks! I am amidst an internship and any help would be great !

5 REPLIES 5
john_miller9
11 - Bolide

@Augustine

You'll need to either attached the source data or attach a packaged workflow (Options > Export Workflow - be sure to check the boxes to include the data source files) in order for us to execute your workflow and see what you're seeing.

jm

Augustine
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks so much for the prompt response.

I am attaching the exported workflow. (AML_Online)

To be safe, I am also attaching the input file required in csv format. (AML_Interim  Output)

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Augustine , try replacing your formula in the generate rows tool with the one in the image below and then see if you get the desired output?

grazitti_sapna_0-1595913434078.png

Sapna Gupta
Augustine
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much! It worked well 🙂

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Augustine , You're welcome.

Sapna Gupta
Labels