Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Row Formula help

dhill2023
5 - Atom

Hey everyone!

I am currently working with API data that we are calling and am having difficulties with getting the Multi-Row Formula tool to do what I need. To be honest, it might not even be the right tool for this particular problem, but had worked until this point. In the API data I have a column 'Name' that contains custom_attribute_term and custom_attribute_value. I need to be able to transpose the data out to where the custom_attribute_term is the column name and custom_attribute_value are the values for the column. With that I have been trying to create a new column that basically takes the term and lines it up with its corresponding value. Please see the screenshot for more sample data details about where I am and where I need to be. Thanks for the help!

Alteryx question.png

3 REPLIES 3
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@dhill2023 

try this 

if contains([name],"term") then [value] else [term:row-1] endif

and then another formula tool with if contains([name],"term") then null() else [term] endif

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@dhill2023 one way of doing this

image.png

dhill2023
5 - Atom

Thank you for the help with this! I went with this solution and it worked like a charm 👍

Labels