Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Menu Hierarchy - list all security that applies to each row

kristinfreitas
Meteoro

Hi.  I posted something similar yesterday, but I have learned a little more about my data set and am trying again.  I have attached an example of the data.  I need to create a new field (column D) that will include the Security (column C) for that row plus anything above in the hierarchy.  So for Level 3 Review Industry Example Application, I need the new column to list Review Industry Example Application, Review Trail Reporting Guide (Level 2), and Review Trail Guide (Level 1).  I started building this with a multi-row formula tool but there are so many combinations (source file is over 1 million rows) that I think I may need help building an iterative macro.

5 RESPUESTAS 5
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@kristinfreitas 
It seems that I get the similar results as you inputted in the Excel.
I interprete that by "anything above in the hierarchy" means the "Security" value just above the current hierarchy,

For Row#7 in my snapshot below, it will the value from #5 and #1.

0313-kristinfreitas.png

kristinfreitas
Meteoro

Thank you so much! This looks good so I will try it with my large dataset!

kristinfreitas
Meteoro

@Qiu 

The logic isn't working quite right but I really do appreciate the workflow!  Record 12 should be Check Application instead of Check Middle Tier along with Check Reports and Check Tracking (those 2 are there). I will see if I can make some changes though to get this working.  Thanks again!!

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@kristinfreitas 
Thanks for the feedback.

I beleve you are referring Row#13, of which value for "Security" is "Check Middle Tier", so I dont get why it should be "Check Application"?

kristinfreitas
Meteoro

@Qiu I am looking at row #12.  The Concat_Right_Security field you created should match the Created Field - All Security in the same row.  But it matches row #13 instead.  Thanks for looking into this!!

Etiquetas