Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Mapping count and names of related entries

Vaibhav38855
6 - Meteoroid

I have some names which are linked to Application names in the input sheet.I am looking for an output where in I am able to map the unique Application name to Name mapping and the count should increase as in the number of entries for Name increase to the Application name.I want to automate this as have more than 10000 entries and may get such more files.So rather than some manual pivot in excel, can someone suggest a trick to resolve this.Attaching the input and desired output for your reference.Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @Vaibhav38855 

Using Tile Tool will solve your problem. PFA for solution.

Amol_Telore_0-1661754008013.png

Vaibhav38855
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @Amol_Telore  but I am looking to map the count of column name "Application name" to entries matching in "Name" and the count should increase with reference to column "Name".The solution you have provided is mapping in reverse order.Could you plz recheck and help me with the solution

Vaibhav38855
6 - Meteoroid

I want the entries also in "Name" column corresponding to "Application name" and then the count.So basically what I want to get it is entries in "Name" corresponding to "Application Name" and then the total count.In case count is not there even then its fine.I can put a pivot for that but I want these entries as shared in the output file. @Amol_Telore 

Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @Vaibhav38855 

Is it what you are looking for?

Amol_Telore_0-1661759399395.png

Vaibhav38855
6 - Meteoroid

Hey @Amol_Telore .That is exactly what I was looking for.Appreciate your help.

Labels