Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro looping through values

trevorwightman
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am looking to create a macro that will send a new value for a variable, one loop at a time. For example, if I have a number column and a multiplier column I can multiple these two together using a formula tool and create the Resulting Value column which presents the new values.

I'd like to loop through many values of multiplier such as 10, 11, and 12 where 10 is sent through in the first loop, 11 is sent in the second loop and 12 is sent in the third loop. At the end my final data will have 9 rows of data.

NumberMultiplierResulting Value
1 REPLY 1
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @trevorwightman 

What you're describing is a batch macro and is a very common use case in Alteryx so there's a TON of content throughout this community that explores the concept in really good detail (just look at the "Recommendations" on the right side of the page to start).

If you've already started working on one and are running into troubles, we're happy to help. However, if asking this community to build you a macro from scratch, there will be some hesitancy with the community responding.

I hope this is not received in the wrong way (apologize if it is), but just a "give a fish/teach to fish" scenario.

Labels