Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro Format

TaylorMaddox
6 - Meteoroid

Hey, everyone! I'm kind of at a loss with this one. I am working on creating a push report that goes out to a set of stores. I have set up as a batch macro right now. The issue I'm having is that I have the macro body writing to an excel file. I'm finding that the workflow isn't completing one iteration completely before running the next one. Thus, causing an issue where the excel file is already in use and errors out. How can set a macro that completely runs one row of an excel input before starting the next. I can't run an iterative macro I don't think because the store numbers are not consistent, for example, we jump from 186 to 302.

The input just looks like this (but much larger):

Stores
1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @TaylorMaddox 

There are a few things you can try here.  

1. use a Throttle tool on the branch the leads to the control Input of the macro.  This will slow the macro down and should allow the OS to close the file, before the next iteration tries to open it again.  
  2. Try turning off AMP in the Workflow settings( if it's on).
  3. Try to reconfigure the logic so that you can use the Take File/Name From Field option in the Output Data tool.  This is not always possible but if your data is a simple as you imply, it will be simply a matter of adding a sheet name field and using this to write to multiple sheets

Dan   

Labels