Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Logic conversion using tools

Fizzledrizzle
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to convert a string of logical operators to alteryx readable operators. Below is an example of what I have in a string field:

OR(AND([Field1]==0,[Field2]!=0),AND([Field1]>=[Field3],!(AND([Field1]==0,[Field4]==0, [Field6]>0))))

I need to figure out a way to transform the above, using formulas or some other tools, to be similar to how Alteryx likes logic and still store it in a string:

(([Field1]==0 && [Field2]!=0) ||([Field1]>=[Field3] && !(([Field1]==0 && [Field4]==0 && [Field6]>0))))

I can see how to do this manually, and what I am struggling with is how to use some functionality in Alteryx to convert the input to the output. I receive hundreds of these logical strings on a spreadsheet, and I know how to assign them provided I can convert the logic to and Alteryx friendly version. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@Fizzledrizzle hi, one question - are "OR" and "AND" the only operators used in those logical strings you have mentioned?
I am trying to figure out a regex-based solution that could help you.

Fizzledrizzle
7 - Meteor

@JarekSkudrzyk Yes, the only logical operators I receive are "AND" and "OR". Just to throw a wrench in things we found that sometimes there are other functions given as arguments. such as:

AND([Field4]!=0,DateTimeMonth([Field8])==12)

which would need to be 

([Field4]!=0 && DateTimeMonth([Field8])==12)

I found this one out after I had posted the problem. 

Thank you for your help with this.

Fizzledrizzle
7 - Meteor

I solved it!

it took a few passes at the data, and I added a few more, just in case. 

@JarekSkudrzyk Thank you for the hint about the regex based solution. This ended up being the way to go.

JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@Fizzledrizzle congrats! I am glad I could help with my hint:)

Labels