Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

License query

soodjatin2001
6 - Meteoroid

Is it ok to switch Alteryx designer license from user A to user B on 15th Oct 2020.

Please confirm if Alteryx Designer uninstallation is required from user A if he does not have the license key 16th Oct 2020 onwards?

Also confirm if i have 15 key for Alteryx designer, can i have 100 installation of Alteryx Designer full version with only 15 users using the software?

15 REPLIES 15
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@soodjatin2001 if you are looking to set up your environment in a way that rotates license keys to different users in an attempt to avoid purchasing licenses for those users this will be in conflict with your agreement. If someone has left the company or no longer uses Alteryx has a license that needs to be reassigned this would be appropriate. From your description it sounds like what you are suggesting would be problematic. 

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

If your objective is purely to transfer the license from someone who no longer uses Alteryx then you should be okay

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@soodjatin2001  as @BrandonB said it completely depends on your aim, but the point of licenses are so that each person should have a license given to them for working on alteryx, and trying to get around this by sharing licenses is not allowed.

Bulien
soodjatin2001
6 - Meteoroid

The objective is to optimize use of Alteryx Designer license. i see many users are not using the software and have key assigned to them. If i reassign the key to another user do i also need to ask the first user to uninstall the software?

soodjatin2001
6 - Meteoroid

i have this query because software like Tableau allow software to be installed even when the user does not have a valid license key. Does the same apply to Alteryx Designer as well??

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The first user does not need to uninstall the software, they just either need to deactivate their license or have it revoked so a new user can use it. The software is similar to Tableau in that you can have it installed, but won't be able to use it without a valid license key.

I suggest reaching out to your account manager at Alteryx to discuss your options.

Labels