Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

K-centroids cluster analysis

refmd
6 - Meteoroid

Dear Community,

I have HR data, where I have to create different segments of employees to study each one and determine its financial effect on the organization. 

I'm trying to create a k-means clustering, but I have the following concerns & issues:

• I am building the model using 3 numerical variables (employee_age,  avg_monthly_salary, months_of_service), I'm not sure if these variables could be used to create the clusters or not. 
  • What is the ideal way to visualize these clusters together so I can notice and compare if the clusters are really unique or they are overlapping, the below screenshot shows a sample of what I need:

refmd_0-1633336397200.png

I'm ok with using python or alteryx, so kindly any reference, comment, or note would be highly valuable. 

Thank you,, 

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I await better solutions, but one way could be to use plotly express' 3d chart.

PhilipMannering_0-1633337966222.png

PhilipMannering_1-1633338005175.png

It's still not that obvious where points are overlapping, but you can isolate each trace by clicking on the legend. See attached.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Documentation for this can be found here: https://plotly.com/python/3d-scatter-plots/ 

refmd
6 - Meteoroid

Many thanks, will try it 

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @refmd 

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Happy Alteryx-ing!

Labels