Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
GELÖST

Join Tool - Right Field Selection from Drop Down blank

lwolfie
Feuerball

I'm hoping someone else has seen this before.  I have a join tool that has 2 empty fields and then lists 2 fields in the drop down for the configuration window.  There should be labels on all the fields.  I've tried adding a select tool before the join, I've tried deleting and re-adding the join tool, and I've tried closing it out and bring it back in.  It keeps coming up blank for the first 2 columns.  Has anyone seen this before? 

• Join
10 ANTWORTEN 10
jdminton
Quasar

Can you show the fields in the field listing below for the right side? I'm curious what it shows there.

shancmiralles
Asteroid

@lwolfie 

can you provide a screenshot of the complete list of the left and right column on the configuration window? thanks!

lwolfie
Feuerball

Below it shows as it is supposed to be.

jdminton
Quasar

Weird. I've not seen that before. Have you restarted Alteryx? What happens if you select what you can't see?

lwolfie
Feuerball

I have tried restarting, but it didn't do anything.  If I select the first blank it does join as it should.  I'd just feel better if I could see the label. 

jdminton
Quasar

Agreed. I was wanting to know in order to help diagnose. If it still works, I can only think that somehow the xml is getting changed to make a different font color or hide the name. You can turn on xml for the tools in user settings. If you can share the xml for that tool, maybe we can see.

lwolfie
Feuerball

<Node ToolID="30">
<GuiSettings Plugin="AlteryxBasePluginsGui.Join.Join">
<Position x="1170" y="100" />
</GuiSettings>
<Properties>
<Configuration joinByRecordPos="False">
<JoinInfo connection="Left">
<Field field="Bond Purchase" />
<Field field="Bond Sale" />
</JoinInfo>
<JoinInfo connection="Right">
<Field field="&#xA;Deal&#xA;Num" />
<Field field="Bond Sale" />
</JoinInfo>
<SelectConfiguration>
<Configuration outputConnection="Join">
<OrderChanged value="False" />
<CommaDecimal value="False" />
<SelectFields>
<SelectField field="Right_&#xA;Deal&#xA;Num" selected="False" input="Right_" />
<SelectField field="Right_Bond Sale" selected="False" rename="Right_Bond Sale" input="Right_" />
<SelectField field="*Unknown" selected="True" />
</SelectFields>
</Configuration>
</SelectConfiguration>
</Configuration>
<Annotation DisplayMode="0">
<Name />
<DefaultAnnotationText />
<Left value="False" />
</Annotation>
<MetaInfo connection="Left">
<RecordInfo>
<Field name="Bond Purchase" source="Summarize: GroupBy - Bond Purchase" type="Int64" />
<Field name="Bond Par Purchased" source="Formula: [Bond Par Purchased]*1000000" type="Double" />
<Field name="FileName" size="254" source="Summarize: GroupBy - FileName" type="V_WString" />
<Field name="Bond Sale" source="Summarize: GroupBy - Bond Sale" type="Int64" />
<Field name="Bond Par Sold" source="Formula: [Bond Par Sold]*1000000" type="Double" />
<Field name="Remaining Bond Par" source="Formula: [Bond Par Purchased]-[Bond Par Sold]" type="Double" />
<Field name="Swap" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Int64" />
<Field name="Swap Notional" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Double" />
<Field name="Swap Maturity" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Date" />
<Field name="Reason for sale" size="1073741823" source="Formula: If [Swap Maturity] &lt; DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(), -1, &quot;months&quot;) Then &quot;N/A Matured Swap&quot;&#xA;Else null()&#xA;endif" type="V_WString" />
</RecordInfo>
</MetaInfo>
<MetaInfo connection="Join">
<RecordInfo>
<Field name="Bond Purchase" source="Summarize: GroupBy - Bond Purchase" type="Int64" />
<Field name="Bond Par Purchased" source="Formula: [Bond Par Purchased]*1000000" type="Double" />
<Field name="FileName" size="254" source="Summarize: GroupBy - FileName" type="V_WString" />
<Field name="Bond Sale" source="Summarize: GroupBy - Bond Sale" type="Int64" />
<Field name="Bond Par Sold" source="Formula: [Bond Par Sold]*1000000" type="Double" />
<Field name="Remaining Bond Par" source="Formula: [Bond Par Purchased]-[Bond Par Sold]" type="Double" />
<Field name="Swap" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Int64" />
<Field name="Swap Notional" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Double" />
<Field name="Swap Maturity" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Date" />
<Field name="Reason for sale" size="1073741823" source="Formula: If [Swap Maturity] &lt; DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(), -1, &quot;months&quot;) Then &quot;N/A Matured Swap&quot;&#xA;Else null()&#xA;endif" type="V_WString" />
<Field name="&#xA;&#xA;Sale" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Double" />
<Field name="OCI released" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Double" />
<Field name="Beg OCI" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Double" />
</RecordInfo>
</MetaInfo>
<MetaInfo connection="Right">
<RecordInfo>
<Field name="&#xA;Deal&#xA;Num" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Int64" />
<Field name="&#xA;&#xA;Sale" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Double" />
<Field name="OCI released" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Double" />
<Field name="Beg OCI" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Double" />
<Field description="RegEx: Parsed from FileName" name="Bond Sale" source="RegEx: Parsed from FileName" type="Int64" />
</RecordInfo>
</MetaInfo>
</Properties>
<EngineSettings EngineDll="AlteryxBasePluginsEngine.dll" EngineDllEntryPoint="AlteryxJoin" />
</Node>

lwolfie
Feuerball

I renamed the fields in the macro and they showed up.  I'm not sure why I have to do that, though.

jdminton
Quasar

It looks like this string of characters "&#xA;" which is HTML code for line feed is causing it to not be read. Put a dynamic rename tool before the join and set to formula. Then use Replace([Name], "&#xA;","") and it should remove those and appear correctly.

Beschriftungen