Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Join-- Join Condition Issue - Left Outer Join - Look Up feature

balachandra2164
6 - Meteoroid

Hi ,

I have two queries

#1) As part of migration we have exporting the data from On premise to Cloud.

Table A (130 columns ) -On premise 

Table A (90 Columns -- Columns names are modified & data structure also modified(new columns added based ) )( Cloud)

I would like to perform verification of  data migration.  

I have joined 90 columns from On Premise with 90 Column in IODA. Is it any easy way to select the columns in join condition , because searching and selecting columns in join condition takes much more time .

#2) How to perform Left Join or Look Up

Presently I am using Join -> Connecting the rows  from Left un joined & Inner Join then Using Union 

Is there any single transformation to perform Left Join / Lookup Operation 

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
19 - Altair

I'd transpose this first then join on name and name... You can then just use a union after and manually configure fields to match what you want where you want before crosstabbing back.

balachandra2164
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, But column names are completely different in both tables. So transpose and join won't give sophisticated results. 

Looking forward to know the join extended functionality. I can't write the sql queries also I couldn't able to search the column name in the alteryx designer which I am using. Does advanced versions have this feature?

Labels